What are mormons?

i was told not to trust them or something? whats the big deal?.. also im not trying to cuz a stir up im just very curious... ive seen mormons boys try to knock on doors and pass out something ... but thats all i know about them

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 4:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's a branch of Christianity, properly known as LDS. Some versions of Christianity are very mistrustful of other branches - usually they hate Catholics, LDS and Jehovah's Witnesses equally, sometimes they only have a grudge against one of them. They're all just different denominations of the same religion.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am not trying to offend but here is my experience with the mormon religion. I am always trying to strengthen my relationship with God and increase my knowledge and understanding of the Word. I also feel that God is always speaking to us through our dreams, visions and just everyday things that happen to us through out our day. The day before my sister introduced me to the mormon religion (i didnt know anything about them at this point) I was in SC for a funeral, I had this dream. And in this dream, pple all over the world were flocking to Jerusalem because they had found the tomb of Adam and Eve. It was all over the news and everything..so i went. And i am standing in this enormous crowd and its late afternoon, almost sunset, and there was Adam and Eve in this huge stone tomb. It was just their skeletons, but they had crowns on their heads and were lying facing each other in this royal looking bed..CONTINUED...
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 5:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• then the sun finally goes down and Adam and Eve come to life. They stood up and all their skin was back, they looked like normal people, well the looked more like royalty. Like king and Queen. Everyone was cheering and celebrating but i was not. To every one else they looked normal but to me i saw them completely engulfed in flames, but they werent burning. I was the only one who saw them ablaze. Then they spoke..they said "Look what we have, we betrayed God and look we have eternal and everlating life on earth with our eternal love. God wanted us to betray him" and the crowed went wild in their support. I couldnt believe what i was hearing. And nobody else could see that they were on fire. Then i woke up...I called my DH because i didnt understand what God was trying to tell me in my dream. He didnt know either. Later that day the missionaries came to my sis house and i started learning about the mormon religion. CONTINUED>>
    MonkeyMommyNJ

• At first i was very excited to learn about it. I felt that i was getting closer with God. The mormons believed in alot of the things i believed in like adult baptism and recieving vision and messeges from God in dreams. So i started to learn further. Even when they told me that if i didnt believe they were telling the truth to ask God for a sign. Now being a Born Again, this didnt settle too well with me because the bible tell us not to test God. (Satan tried to tempt Jesus by putting him in a high place and telling him to jump, that if He was the Son of God that nothing would happen to Him, and Jesus told the devil that we should not test God) but i was so sold on the mormons that i did it. I asked God for a sign and i immediately felt an eerie presence..like some one was staring at me but i was alone. I ignored it justifying it by telling myself that i am getting closer with God and it was making Satan angry.. CONTINUED>>>
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 5:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• so i kept studying with the missionaries. DH was telling me to be carefull that i was be led astray. I ignored him. It wasnt till i got back to NJ and had the missionaries come to my house that i realized what DH was talking about. Dh was getting pissed. Then one day i was reading the mormon version of the bible and i was left completely speachless. The mormons believe that there can be no good if there was no sin. so sin had to exsist in order for there to be rightousness. Then i read this passage 2 Nephi2:23-25 And now, behold, if Adam had not transgressed he would not have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of Eden. And all things which were created must have remained in the same state in which they were after they were created; and they must have remained forever, and had no end. And they would have had no children; wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence having no joy, CONTINUED>>
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 5:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• for they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin. But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things. Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy. This verse says that Adam and Eve Were supposed to betray God because if there was no sin then there could be no good. My jaw hit the floor. Thats what my dream had ment almost word for word. I believe God sent me that dream as a warning not to get sucked into the mormons false religion. I threw out my mormon bible and stopped the missionaries from comming to my house. I think it is amazing that God sent me that vision the day before i learned about the mormons. I felt so blessed and humble and gratefull. So IMO i feel that mormon is evil. .. This is my TRUE experience. This really did happen to me and i am s ohappy it did. You can ask DH. we were so amazed on how God spoke to me.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 5:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• If you want to know read the book of Mormon and make up your own mind..... I'm not Mormon nor do I practice their beliefs... my opinion of them is very negative therefor I wont state it on here....

traren

Answer by traren at 7:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Mormons are Christian like any other Christian group... If you like what they have to say, listen. If you don't, don't. But NEVER allow the opinions of others to determine whether or not you are even willing to check it out.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• ok WOW, is all I have to say about that very long and strange post about Adam and Eve......Um that being said. I am Mormon or LDS which stands for Latter Day Saints. The official name of the church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We are Christians. We believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, born of a virgin birth. He is our Saviour and Redeemer. There are many many many false things out there about my religion. One being that we have our own bible?! We use the king james version of The Holy Bible. We also use the Book of Mormon wich is another testament of Jesus Christ. It is an account and record of the ancient people living on the American Continent. This is not "OUR" Bible. We DO NOt practice Polygmy. You will be excommunicated from the church if you have more than one spouse. There are groups that have broken away from the "main" church that do that. Check out Mormon.org you can read all about us.
    Taterstots3

Answer by Taterstots3 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I have to say one more thing....can't help it. That one post quotes 2 Nephi which is from the Book of Mormon. To sum up the whole book of 2 Nephi in the Book of Mormon...Those passages she quoted and the rest of them which she did not yet are essential to the meaning of the entire passage.....It means- Redemption comes through belief in Christ, Freedom of Choice (or free agency) is essential to our exsistence and eternal progression, Adam fell so that people would be on the earth. People are free to choose liberty and eternal life. ..... That is the crux of the matter -our free agency is very important other wise how else would God know what paths we might really choose on earth.
    Taterstots3

Answer by Taterstots3 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2011