How old was the youngest baby you have taken on a plane ? how did u manage ?

airplane

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 5:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Travel

• Very young babies are easy peasy to fly with. Breastfeed at take-off and landing, to clear their ears, and they sleep most of the time and are easy to amuse. Babies about 1 or 2 can be more difficult, as they want to explore and play, but if you arm yourself with finger puppets, crayons and paper, some small favorite toys and some new novel ones, flying can be heaps of fun for kids of any age. I've even flown from Australia to the US with 4 of them, aged at 1, 3, 5 and 7 and again two years later when they were 3, 5, 7 and 9. That's like a 20 h trip and we had other smaller connecting flights to get to Australia and to where we were going in the US that end too. Both were amazing trips. Lots of fun.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I took my daughter from Florida to Australia when she was almost 2, huge flight, or flights I should say, she was awesome though, I dont know how old your child is but just take some small toys activities etc, snacks etc. Give him or her a bottle when taking off until you reach your flying altitude and then again when you start your descent for landing, this helps with the ear pressure, and hopefully LO sleeps most of the way! Good Luck!!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• 7 months old. I managed with a sense of humor. It was a small flight, about an hour. And of course they lost my luggage and she had a total blow out in her diaper twice and I ran out of diapers. It was not fun lol.

Answer by gemgem at 7:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• 2 months old and he did fine. I was way more concerned when he was 11 months old about how he would be, but he did fine that time too. But trying to change a baby in a plane is NOT good.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011