Lady GaGa Evil or Harmless/Satanism in Music

Do you support lady gaga? Do you think she is a harmless musician who is just expressing her creative side? Do you thing she is evil and should be banned for the air? IMO i thinks that she should be banned from the air! I feel that she is sending the wrong message not only to young tweens but to adults as well ( i do feel that we shouldnt sensor our children that they need to be taught from the parents what is appropriate and what is not. But not every parent shares my values). I had my last straw with her song "Im in love with judas". IMO she is evil along with most of the industry. Listen to the words in todays music. Kanye and Jayz ask in one of their songs "are you willing to sacrifice your life, Beyonce's song Girls she sings "my persuasion could rule a nation..you'll do anything for me" IMO todays music is promoting satanism. Kids go around singing them clueless of what they are actually saying and referencing. Has anyone else notices that the music industry has gone to hell in a handbag?

MonkeyMommyNJ

Asked by MonkeyMommyNJ at 6:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Religious Debate

• i don't know if she's harmless or evil, or in need of support. what i do know is i can't stand to look at her..therefore, if i can't enjoy watching her, i wouldn't be interested in listening to her. i give her 'talent' no credit; she's a madonna-redux, just taking things a bit further because she can. i see her as more of a instigator, than a music artist. in short, she's crap. JMHO
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yeah, in the fifties parents said the same thing about Elvis. It's music. Kids aren't going to become satanists from listening to music, especially if they have a solid upbringing.
    Queenie_Mab

Answer by Queenie_Mab at 6:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I think a lot of the music is not good, but I don't see Satanism, I wouldn't ban Lady Gaga, it is just freedom of expression. Just don't listen. But that is just how I handle things. Where would banning things stop, not everyone has the same views so it is not fair to ban something b/c it offends you, it might not offend others.
    IMHO
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• She's just an artist. She and her music, while I don't believe there is any malicious intent, can only have as much power as you give them. Don't like it, don't listen to it, simple as that. But for many of us she's just a singer with catchy songs. I think you're looking into it too deeply, giving things a much different meaning than they are intended to have.

I don't like music with over sexualized content, like rap songs that are all about getting chicks or getting high, etc, but that doesn't mean I'm out there trying to get it banned. I just don't listen to it, and don't expose my child to it.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• She is an artist who is expressing her creativity.  I personally love her music and I won't censor my children because I don't want them to get their knickers in a twist about trivial things, like you do. 

If you don't like it then don't listen to it but you have no right to make that decision for anybody else.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You obviously have no idea about the tenets of satanism. No one should be banned from making music. Do you also like to burn books?
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 8:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I'm not a fan of hers but I don't have a problem with her either, I favor freedom of speech, and hasn't Madonna already covered all her material.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• She is expressing her creativity and honestly I like her. She is not afraid to step out of the box and she doesn't care what you think. that is the biggest thing. I am so glad she is pushing forward and living her dream. She is proud of who she is and to me, a lot of people like that because they too want to feel proud of who they are. I am not saying I like all her songs but it has nothing to do with the words. You don't have to listen to her. Just like you don't have to watch movies you don't like either. If you want to ban her then you will have to ban half the musicians around. Not only that but you better start banning twilight movies, true blood, harry potter and so on while your add it.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Who was being rude? or malicious?
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2011