Is it better for a husband and wife who are fighting to stay together or be apart?

what is your opinion?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Depends on how bad the fighting is (if there is abuse involved or not).
    I'm a believer that all couples should talk things out. Try to reason things out...so I say stay together but act like adults. No abuse (or you leave), otherwise, talk calmly, ask & answer questions honestly and find out where you both stand. Solve the problem. Usually someone or both might have to bend some.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• If the wife is truly happy then stay, but if she isn't then I would leave. Everybody fights, but they have to ask themselves, do I really want my kids seeing this?
    pregers2011

Answer by pregers2011 at 6:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I think a couple should do everything to fix their underlying issues even if that means counseling. If they're not willing to work on things then they should end it though.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 7:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• If your in a constant fight, then apart. I remember the morning after I seperated from my husband, now ex.
    The kids and got up the next morning, they were at ease, they were laughing. The walking on pins and needles was gone.
    That when I knew, it was the right decision.
    Remember the saying If Momma airnt happy, nobodys happy. Lol
    If does affect your kids, they see it, hear it and sense the tension in the home. Knowing my kids felt free to be kids was worth all the pain and heart ache of our divorce.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My mom and dad would fight behind closed doors and he would hit her and she would get mad and tell him every little thing we did so he would hit us instead of her so when they broke up after she became a more sadistic bitch but either it would have been hell on earth.. S sometimes to save the kids yes and other times we cannot judge only they can know
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Can only answer from an individual perspective and I think that each situation needs to be treated individually anyway. Personally if violence or any physical contact is involved, the wife should exit. I wasn't married when my ex (my son's father) hit me so I just left. I suppose if it's a longtime marriage then it might be worth trying to sort it out (assuming violence is not involved).
    Sorry if that's a wishy washy answer - I'm new here.
    JanJan101

Answer by JanJan101 at 7:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It's according on what your fighting about.......

traren

Answer by traren at 7:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• depends on the situation
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 7:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• This is from the Bible. I don' t remember exactly where. It's almost certainly from Proverbs : " Better a crust of bread in a house of peace than a banquet where there is fighting and strife. "

ENOUGH SAID...
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 8:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• This is from the Bible. I'm sure it's from Proverbs; I just don't know exactly where--- " Better a crust of bread in a house of peace than a banquet where there is fighting and strife. "

ENOUGH SAID.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 8:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2011