My 4 1/2 month old has the sniffles.

Should I call the doc or is this pretty much just common sense? He's not unruly, overly fussy, or having any resp. problems. Just a runny nose and sneezing and coughing once in a while.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes no need to press the panic button just yet..just treat him symptomatically for now..if his cough worsens or he would have a green or yellow drainage from his nose..sign of infection then call. A cool mist humidifier should help too. I know you will think I am crazy but I know a lot of moms besides myself swear this works...put Vicks vapo rub on the bottom of his tootsies and put socks on him...it really does help quiet the cough.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Nothing to worry about if his symptoms are as you've said. Let him ride it out. Call your dr though if you have any concerns.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Nothing to worry about as long as he seems fine.
    To make him more comfotable use saline drops in his nose and suck it with a bulb syringe... I do this before eating and before bed.. if he seems really stuffy.
    A humidifier in the room.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Same with my son... humidiffier and saline nose drops work wonders!!
    lexb123

Answer by lexb123 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2008