What's The Story?

What is the story behind finding out you were pregnant? How did you tell the father? What were your feelings? Anything you want to write about it.

pregers2011

Asked by pregers2011 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had been having pains in my lower left abdomen for a year so they were doing some tests. The last one that they did was a pregnancy test. I was 4 weeks pregnant so I wouldn't have know yet anyway. And I was on the pill.
    I was terrified to tell the dad (we had just gotten married 2 months before). I was worried that he would be pissed, like I tricked him into it. I bawled when I told him and he was like "OK". Then he proceeded to party like normal thru my pregnancy, thru his 1st DUI and then until he cheated with a lady from work when I was at home with the baby. After that, he said he would change, never acted remorseful only sorry he got caught, and we divorced when our daughter was 3 months shy of turning 3.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My cousin and I are really close.. we grew up together and our moms were pregnant at the same time.. My aunt (my cousins mom) found out she was pregnant first and 3 months later my mom found out she was pregnant with me... WELL I had gone with my cousin to the ER cuz she had gotten into a wreck and totaled her truck...she was fine ust a lil sore... the nurse came in and told her that she was gonna prescribe her some pain killers but because she was pregnant she couldnt... I got super excited for her.. and a few nights before i had had a dream that me and her were pregnant at the same time... and we were talking about it before the nurse came in and told her she was preggers... We left the ER and my cousin said i bet your pregnant too.. we went to walmart and bought me a couple tests.. and i came home and immediately took one..and almost instatnly it was positive... the next morning when I woke up i took another one and it pos.
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• we called our OB GYN that we have now and ordered a blood test.. and were both pregnant... im 36 weeks and shes 35... everyone asks if it was planned but it wasnt.. this is my second and her first.. now our children will be close just like me and her are :) Im having a boy and shes having a girl
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• With my first I was in a car accident and got pretty cut up so I needed to take a test b/c if I was pregnant then I couldn't take the meds to prevent infection. My then bf was pretty suprised. Witth our second a few of my friends that were pregnant kept telling me I was. I had just stopped nursing my son 3 months earlier. Both the father and I were suprised. With our 3rd I was kind of jealous that my best friend was pregnant, then realized I hadn't gotten my period (we were 2 days apart) so went home and took a test, sure enough I was pregnant. The father was out of town working and was telling me we'll see as I was telling him I was holding a pos test. He was happy and suprised when he got home. With our 4th I was 3.5 months postpartum. I hadn't been regular yet but just had a feeling. We were both very happy. With this one we knew about a week after my period. This is my 5th and his 3rd, our first together. I'm now 23 weeks.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• With my first, I was charting, and my basal body temp had been up for 18 days, and it usually topped out at 14. If I hadn't been charting, there's no telling how long it would have taken me to figure out because I had extremely irregular periods and no early pregnancy symptoms beyond extreme fatigue and some very minor food aversions, neither of which I had ever previously heard associated with pregnancy. So I took a test as a formality, and sure enough, it was positive. I was excited--like jumping up and down excited. I just told my husband, no special message or anything, and his response was, "I think I'm going to throw up."
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• With my second, I had every symptom under the sun starting about a week after conception. I was charting then, too, so I knew there was no point in taking a test yet, but I was fairly certain I was pregnant because that's the only explanation I could come up with to cover everything that was happening. I took a test the day my period should've shown up and didn't, and it was positive. I told my husband when I was taking the test and that it was probably going to be positive, then afterwards I told him to go ahead and start calling his family. Not so excited that time, since we'd just decided we were going to wait to start trying for our second. He thought he was going to throw up again.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• This is my story.......I should have wrote this in the question. I never thought that I could get pregnant. When I was with my husband for 2 and a half years, we tried. I never thought it could happen because I wanted a kid since I was 17. Well when things went south with my husband, I got back together with a guy I dated 5 years ago. I was in love with him for so long and I didn't want to give up on this chance. Well we started seeing each other, and he found out that the birth control was making me sick. I lost so much weight on it........so he told me to stop taking it. He said "If we get pregnant that is fine because I want to spend the rest of my life with you. A month later, I was 2 weeks late and never thought I could be pregnant. I thought it was just stress. He made me take a prego test. It was positive. Now I am 6 months pregnant and happy as can be. I love my life.
    pregers2011

Comment by pregers2011 (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2011