What Was It Like?

What was it like seeing your baby for the first time?

pregers2011

Asked by pregers2011 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Initially I was just curious to see how she looked. The emotional response for me came later when it was just us and we were resting.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Like I had just seen an angel. I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me or if it was the medication. She was beautiful and I was awe-struck.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• They had pushed phenergan so that I wouldn't puke and all I could think was get her away from from me or I'm gonna puke.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• After that it was like looking at an angel--which she is no longer at the wild age of 3
    coala

• it was a little unreal. I was very happy and relieved. it was a relief that now i can start my life with her. I was just so happy to have her.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• When I was pregnant, i kept dreaming about my son. When he was born, he looked EXACTLY the way I had dreamed. It was amazing.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 9:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Honestly, I was very happy and all, but I didn't really know what to expect or how much I'd end up loving her. It was mostly a sense of relief at that first moment.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 9:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I was crying happiness when they handed me my daughter, she's so beautiful and I didn't want her out of my sight. But I was relieved that the pregnancy was over.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I was a teen mom the 1st time. By the time she was born, dad was long gone. When she was born, all I saw was him all over again. It was really freaky how much she looked like him. Now, 11 years later, she is my twin and has been for a while.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• upseting because know you have a life depending on you for survival......after that warm and fuzzy.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2011