How did you feel right before labor started?

I am 36 1/2 weeks and measure two weeks ahead the whole pregnancy, making my dr think I am really 38 1/2 weeks. She told me Wed. that it could be any day now. Well I am 3 cm and 70% I have beeen losing my plug al week. Well I am a light sleeper and have never really needed a lot of sleep even through this and my first pregnancy. Well last night I slept like i have never slept before. It was a very weird thing for me. Any way how did you feel before labor?

sweetpea_mama

Asked by sweetpea_mama at 8:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I felt the prelabor contractions with my first but i felt fine past those. I couldn't tell except that my plug was lost.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Crampy. It was more of a struggle gettin in and out of the car cuz of the pressure in different places. Sounds to me you will go with in the next couple days. I was at a 3 when i went to the hospital in labor. GL sweetie :-)
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I had mine early. It felt like cramps going from my abdoman down my upper thighs and in my back and just felt uncomfortable , I couldnt sleep from it. Have you been having any pain?
    wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Crampy. Like I had to poop but nothing was there. (Sorry TMI) then I started getting what felt like strong braxton hicks that gradually got more painful.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I managed to miss the whole labor deal. I felt absolutely fine. My water broke at my OB/GYN office while I was in the exam room waiting for the doctor. I never had any contractions, no Braxton Hicks. I went to the hospital and I was fully dilated. I may have had 2 or 3 semi-painful contraction and then I got an epidural and took a nap. They woke me up to push, and my son popped out within 10 minutes, it hardly hurt at all. I was at the hospital about 2 hours before my son was born. I was feeling great and got dressed up and went out to dinner with my husband that evening, and then went back to the hospital to spend the night. I have no idea how I got so lucky.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 8:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• With my first I had complications so I missed everything about prelabor and natural birth, So this time we are going natural and I have had crampy pressure feeling for the past few days. Also I have lost my plug and have constant mucusyness. So I am really trying to relax through it all but it totally has me interested in how the process and progress works. Also I have absolutely no appitite and feel sick to just think of eating.
    sweetpea_mama

Comment by sweetpea_mama (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Just crampy with a little pressure. Although, the night before I went into labor with my first son, I had this need to trim my fingernails down. It felt like my body knew something was happening and I needed to get rid of the nails (they weren't that long, but long enough to possible scratch the baby.)
    grace61

Answer by grace61 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The 2 days before labor started I was nesting like crazy. I was so tired, I just wanted to collapse, but I just couldn't make myself stop cleaning. The night before, I got violently sick and spent a good portion of the night hanging over the toilet. In the middle of all that heaving I felt something pop, or shift, "down there." It was a really odd sensation. The next morning, I went into the doctor's office and they hooked me up to the monitor. I was having contractions only 3 minutes a part, but I couldn't feel anything except a twinge in my back. I was admitted and 9 hours later I had my son.

asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• No special feeling, really, just some crampiness in my hips of all places, just the afternoon before I went into labor. I remember joking with my mom about being the only person I knew of to have hip labor, but it really wasn't that bad, and not regular at all. Then contractions started hard and fast that night, going from 5 mins. apart to 1 min. apart in the first hour.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Honestly I felt nothing. I started losing parts of my plug around 38 weeks with my first. That was the only sign that I was gonna into labor eventually lol. I never had any braxton hicks or real contractions. The day I went into labor (41 weeks) it was just a normal day. I had a friend over and we watched our show together. She left about 11 pm. I went and put on my night gown, went pee, grabbed my book. Went and sat on the couch and "oh crap my water just broke". Then I started having contractions bout half hour later. I felt normal and fine all day, no sign it was gonna be that day.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2011