Birth Control Craziness!

I have had Mirena for almost 2 years. About 1 year into it I started feeling crazy, forgetful, gained weight without reason, had major moodswings, tired all the time....just a bunch of unpleasant things. I didn't ever think it was Mirena because I had already had it for a year so why now would it cause problems. I figured it was something else then I was reading online about people with the same problem and that got me interested in having it removed and using another method. I plan to have more kids in the next like 3 years so paragard isnt a good choice for me. I had depo before and gained like a massive amount of weight. I was curious of your experiences w/different methods good and bad. I was on the pill several times and several kinds and that was okay although I missed one and ended up pregnant. I am leaning towards going back on that but wondered about the patch, the ring, or any other things people tried that worked or didnt work. Weight gain is the biggest concern for me w/choosing a b/c.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 9:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Health

• I had the Mirena for 3 years & the same thing happened to me. Now I have Paraguard (the non hormonal IUD) and LOVE it.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 9:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I had the ring and it has been my fave so far but my SO complained that he could feel it. He said it didnt hurt or really affect things but it distracted him. Poor baby..lol. But now I'm on depo and considering switching back to the pill becuase I think it will help balance my hormones out and clear my face. I'm 25 and suffering from adult acne and I hate it. But, I hate being tied down to remembering a pill as much as I hate periods which I dont get with depo but, I dont hate them as much as I would not want to get prego so something's gotta give.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 11:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2011