Sexual assault case is about to collaspe...

because it appears the maid lied. So many were ready to bury this man under the jail, but now it appears he didn't do anything wrong. He has been forced out of his job, made to endure house arrest (though in a very nice house, but freedom restricted none the less), and his reputation has been trashed. Do you think we will remember that everyone is guaranteed due process of law or 'innocent until proven guilty'? Or, will we continue to jump to conclusions, assign guilt before all evidence is in, and continue to ruin lives? 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/01/us-strausskahn-idUSTRE7600AC20110701

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• People are generally pessimistic especially when talking about rape so they will do the latter.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• because it appears the maid lied. So many were ready to bury this man under the jail, but now it appears he didn't do anything wrong.

Uhhhh...no it doesn't. It appears as if the victim has some credibility issues. That doesn't mean she wasn't raped.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Somebody got paid there, guys. Same goes for the Duke boys. Somebody wrote a big enough check to make the whole thing "go away".
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Just because she lied about her income and has ties with a drug dealer doesn't mean she wasn't raped.

Having a conversation about the case which indcluded how she would financially benefit also doesn't mean she wasn't raped.

Destroying the credibility of the victim is the best way to win a rape case, and as we all know, just because you're acquitted doesn't mean you didn't do it.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The article didn't state that there was a DNA match. THAT was what I was wondering. I was even willing to believe that he may have had a roll in the sheets with someone else w/ a condom and that the maid used the 'leftovers' to collect evidence. There isn't enough information in the article or anything I have read about this case to make me form an opinion either way.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• They are reassessing the information and DSK has been released, but his passport has NOT been released and the case has NOT been dismissed.

The case will go forward with the next court appearance set for July 18th-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• That's what I thought all along, there is more to this "set up"...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Guilty or not, paid off or not, I don't know. But what I do know is that you ARE guilty until proven innocent, otherwise they would never arrest someone and plaster it all over the front page of the paper. Watch these court shows or go to a couple hearing and you will see that people are having to prove where they were, prove they didn't do it. Heck I hope it never happens to me, I can't remember where I was at what time 2 nights ago let alone 3 months or 3 years ago. Justice isn't isn't justice for anyone anymore.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Watching from the beginning there were holes in the story. I don't know what is true. I am willing to believe just about anything reasonable when it comes to this case. Was there a DNA match with the sample he gave willingly and the sample taken from the maid's dress? Was it ever released whether his ticket to fly out of the country was scheduled last minute or if it was booked in advance? Too much information was missing from this story from the beginning.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

Answer by Fistandantalus 34 minutes ago

---------------------------------
    WRONG---the "Duke boys" were inncent and they were framed by a bottom feeding hooker who was hoping to make big money from the whole sordid thing.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2011