Communication

i have these 2 friends (doesnt make a difference to me, but they are males)... i can talk on the phone with them for HOURS. one friend, i've talked to like 4 days in the past week; for at least 2 hrs each! i definitely enjoy talking with them.... but i dont get why its so easy to talk to them, but i cant talk to my own BF on the phone like that! or even in person! we hang out a few hours a week and there's like no communication going. the most we talk is "how was your day/work"... "fine". GAH!

Shy_Dia

Asked by Shy_Dia at 9:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Because your relationships are different; that's human nature. With your friends you can let your hair down and be as crazy and silly as you want to be. With your boyfriend things are more intimate; you are on a different level emotionally. Or it could be that you two don't really have as much in common. It happens....my husband and I don't have much in common; doesn't mean we don't love each other - we've been together for almost 20 years. We do stuff as a family, but as far as individuality is concerned but he does his thing and I do mine. I would imagine your BF has his friends that he talks to, as well. It's cool - I wouldn't fret over it unless it starts to really bug you or interfere in your relationship. Then you would need to figure out what the deal is and all of that. Hope that helped a little bit! Good luck!
    BryRon

Answer by BryRon at 9:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• No something is wrong with your relationship with your boyfriend then. You should be able to talk like that with someone who you may potentially marry. Honey... you should probably start dating the guy you can talk to for hours on end on the phone. He sounds more like boyfriend material IMO. You want to be best friends with your significant other.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011