What is a good way to get rid of morning sickness??

I have tried everything, from sipping white soda, to plowing down the saltines, nothing seems to work... help!

Sasho

Asked by Sasho at 2:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well i dont know that you can get rid of it lol but try some of these things.

sucking on peppermint candy might help
    taking a 50mg tablet of vitamin B6 in the morning
    taking ginger tablets through out the day may help
    eating a yogurt in the middle of the night if you wake up.

try eating small fequent meals never let yourself get to hungry i always felt worse if i waited to long to eat.

if all else fails maybe your nice dr will give you a precribtion for nausea mine finally did but i was vomitting 4 to 6 times daily and was loosing weight fast.
    good luck and it does get better around 12 to 14wks along. I was convinced mine was never going away but im 21wks now and it has gone away execpt for once in a while baby doesnt like what i eat i guess lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Tell you the truth i found nothing that helped me. a lady at the wal mart told that ginger helped her i cant find anything. i was sick the whole time with my 1st one. sorry i couldnt help.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• For me..coffee..I know, I know..You shouldn't have caffeine while pregnant..But it was the only thing that soothed my stomach.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I had this problem a lot in my first trimester. First off, I would try upping your B vitamin intake (take an extra B complex in addition to your prenatal vitamin), try ginger tea, try eating smaller and more frequent meals during the day to keep the amount of food in your stomach minimal, and sip on water rather than gulp it. If all of this fails I would highly recommend cannabis use over any prescription drug your doctor might give you, but only use the cannabis if all else fails, and drink it in a tea rather than smoking it.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• If it is severe, your doctor can prescribe several different medicications to help with it. If you do get a prescription and it doesn't seem to help at all, let your doctor know and he can give you a different one to try.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008