I hate how people take advantage of other people!

My sister takes advantage of so many people. We are not that close with our father(alcoholic). I may talk to him once a week to make sure he is doing well, my sister basically ignore him till the 1st of the month. She called him today and ask him to he need for her to run errands for him(disability check). I don't know what he said on the other end, but she then tells him that he had to buy her and her daughter an outfit! She does this every month. He just called me asked me if I want him to buy my two kids an outfit also since he is buying theirs. I know that these checks that he gets don't last the whole month. I told him he did not have to do that, the kids had outfits and he need to keep his money. I just hate it. She talks shit about her best friend until the 15th rolls around and her friend gets her food stamps. Do you know someone like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• nope..the only people who can stop someone from taking advantage of them is the person who is 'suckered' into their scheming.
    you can't help those who choose not to help themselves.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• yes i know someone like and until the person being taken advantage of makes them stop nothing is going to change.....think of it this way the more he spends on the sister the less he has for alcohol......

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yes. My youngest brother doesn't show his face around my mother's until the 1st of the month when my stepdad gets his retirement check. Suddenly, my brother needs everything, acts like he's entitled. I usually drive up there on the 1st to keep everything in check and scare off the vultures, as my mom is really a pushover. I wouldn't dream if asking them for their money, they are on a fixed income. If I don't keep the freeloaders at bay, they run short and I am going over and loaning them money to cover their expenses.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 9:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• YEs I know someone like this. She owes DH 4200, yet everyone owes her the world. lowlife druggie. - Im not a fan of her if you cant tell lol.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 9:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I have a sister like this and I cut her off when my parents passed away. My dad protected her and felt bad for her and she stole from them all the time!!
    I would get into fights with her and tell her to stop the sh&t , they where on a fixed income and had no money to give.
    We should be helping them NOT taking from them!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• What a leech!! And the sick thing is that they probably justify it to themselves "...well if I'm running his errands, the least he could do is..." rather than thinking about it as helping her disabled father once a month. Sick.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I know somepeople like that they are annoying thinking everyone owes them the world.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 1:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yes I know someone like that and I really don't talk to them much because I am not going to be used by them. I refuse to hang out with people that only want to use other people to take care of things they know they're responsible for.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011