Is facebook addiction

I had facebook for over a year and found I was on it non stop. It took time away from family and the drama on there was too much to see... I hated seeing on other pages all the negative going on in there lives. So I got rid of it and stayed off for good. I have heard many many many people say that they are in the same boat that they want to get rid of theirs but when they do... its less than a week and there back on... Is that not an addiction? An addiction is something you do or have that you feel kills you to get rid of or let go of. I have watched the news and seen children dieing because they were left in a bathtub while mom was on facebook. Or got ran over by a van because mom was to busy on facebook to watch the poor child. DO you think facebook could become an addiction just like anything els? Also although I am a stay at home mom I do question if I was to send my child to a baby sitter.. do they have facebook? are they on it when my child is playing? Are they not watching her while she is eating dinner? Its a shame that lives are being taken because of an addicting webpage.

reed81509

Asked by reed81509 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Addiction can come in any form. I dont find myself addicted to FB though. I think it is more internet addiction than anything else some people suffer from. If you cant turn off the computer and all your friends are online you have an addiction.

Answer by gemgem at 9:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Lives aren't being taken because of an addicting web page. Lives are being taken because of an untreated addictive personality disorder or in short, a bad person.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 10:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2011