How can I tone my legs/thighs?

Please tell me the best way to tone my thighs/legs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• my doctor told never ever run; jogging or a fast walk is much better; walking on a treadmill; using weights while walking is also good
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• You need to lose the fat around the muscles while strengthening the muscles. Running, cycling, doing the elliptical, stairmaster, etc will all help you lose the fat. You need to get your heart rate up. Classes at the gym are awesome! You need to be doing squats, leg presses, leg curls, leg extensions, calf raises, etc. You should be doing full body strengthening, not just your legs.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Honestly, running has really helped shape my legs...They're not skinny but they are muscular and defined. I do things like squats an lunges during my strength training but the thing I've done most consistently over the last 21 months is run so I'm gonna say thats what has toned my legs the most
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Run on your treadmill,running on the street or sidewalk is really bad for your knees! Use 5 lb weights and do lunges too!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I agree the gym is great and it really helps u to stay in shape and it gives u energy for all day!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I dont need to go to the gym, I have a home gym.
    I have a bowflex, weight bench, punching bag, treadmill, elliptical, and I also have weights.
    I have all the equipment, just no idea where to start lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• theirs no magic way you want to do several leg weighs to build muscle tone and cardio is a must. good luck!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2011