Don't you hate it when people talk so loud on their cellphones in public letting people hear their business?

I was on a train coming home from work yesterday and this woman was talking to somebody on the phone saying her 15 YO daughter got jumped on by 4 women in their 20s and the mom was going to one of the women's house and slash her tires of her car for that. She was screaming throughout the whole ride that people (including me) got up and went to another train car and to complain to the train conductor about her. Don't you hate that and don't you hate it when people blast music out of their cellphones?

shouting

TashaStar81

Asked by TashaStar81 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Travel

• It happens, I had a coworker at one point who decided to share a sotry about how her ex gave her an sti and blah, blah blah.. well she has a hearing problem and talks rather loud so the customers were complaining. She honestly had no idea that she was that loud and just got so distracted by the conversation.

Don't get me wrong, I don't need to hear someone's entire life story as they are yelling it through the phone but most people don't notice they are being so loud and this is when someone should talk to the offender and ask them to quiet down. An official perhaps would have been a very handy thing for all of you. Sorry you had to go through that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• drama queens..attention-seeking sad, little lives.
    i've been known to loudly comment on what i hear. why not? they put it out there, completely open for 'discussion'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• They had a letter to dear abby about a guy who was talking so loud on his phone someone was able to steal his identity and it was so bad he even almost could not get back into the country. All this from information he said on a phone call. I am guilty of the music thing lol.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I honestly wouldn't have cared. I probably wouldn't have even picked up that much of the details. I'd figure they were loud, but still not my business, even if she tried to make it mine. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Don't get me wrong I talk on my phone in public sometimes, but it is usually "Hey honey I will be home at this time" or "Hey mom, I will call you back later", occasionally I will have a small convo with my mother, but I try not to talk too loudly and I don't talk about personal type things. When people call me to talk about personal matters I tell them I will call them back, because I don't need 50 people that I don't knowing my business.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I agree. People just don't seem to show discretion or consideration for others. It's a shame. I've been places where it was difficult to have a conversation with the person right in front of me because someone else was busy talking on their cell phone, or line at the grocery store where the person in front of you is holding things up because they're on the phone while they unload their cart and get checked out, and they're too distracted.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• At Walgreens the other day, I was in the diaper aisle trying to match coupons with the sale (therefore, concentrating hard) but behind me was a woman picking out a new toothbrush because she was just diagnosed with strep throat and needed to replace hers. I wouldn't have known this if she wasn't on the phone at the time apologizing loudly to her man for getting it and hoping she didn't give it to him when they were, lol, you know (she said that exactly). I was completely grossed out. Almost wanted to use one of the diapers for my own vomit instead. I kept thinking, girl hurry up and pick a damn toothbrush and leave! She was there a minute too. Totally annoying.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yes, both bother me. The music thing was most recent. We were at the park with our kids and a really young couple behind us was blaring rap with the worst language...egh...If I think my kids need to hear about a hoe blowing someone, I'll rap it to them myself.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• l tell you what I hate, working in public when some idiot comes to the counter and is too busy on the PHONE to do what business they came to do... really? you came all the way here to talk on your phone, move over so someone else can be waited on then!

Leave your phone in the car when you run in to pay a bill or to the bank or something, its only polite.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Sometimes
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2011