How to get rid of head lice?

I have a 2 year old daughter that Ive been battleing lice with. ive bought the shampoo & bedding spray and all that good stuff. But I cant get her to sit still long enough to comb her hair and get all the nits out. any advice on how to get rid of it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• AWWW! Yeah, you may have to strap her down to make her stay still long enough! LOL

Try washing everything in HOT water 2x, unless you can just trash it. I would also recommend sprinkling baking soda or ajax on the floors and letting it sit overnight. Keep washing her hair w/ the rid shampoo and use no more tangles to help get the comb through. I had lice at 10 yrs old and I had hair down to my BUTT. Oh Lord, I thought I was going to die! My neck was sore for 3 days from leaning over the sink! LOL GOOD LUCK!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Wash or throw away all stuffed animals.Try combing out her hair before bedtime when she's too sleepy to put up much of a fight or ,instead of the comb the shampoo provides, purchase a regular fine tooth comb. It'll cover more ground quiker.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_head-lice_11443.bc hope this offers some help.
    Anonymous