Should I call back and complain about perfume? LOL, I know it sounds silly?

I went for my yearly exam yesterday, and when I went into the office there was an odor, it smelled like dead flowers with a hint of dead animal,LOL! When the receptionist opened her glass partition, the smell was overwhelming,, my stomach actually turned over, this woman had on so much AWFUL perfume it made my eyes water! I am not a person who usually would pay much attention to stuff like this, but for the 20 minutes I sat waiting, I honeslty thought I was going to hurl. I wanted to say something to the doctor, but surely they notice it? Anyway, I want to call back and say something, but feel kind of weird doing so! Any thoughts?

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 10:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• i wouldn't call. she might've just sprayed herself and you got it 'fresh'. it wouldn't be a big deal to me.
    sidenote: good girl for going for a yearly!! yay!! prevention is the key to better health!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I would call. Its not like they know who youare, I cant stnad stinky perfume. I call it being Totsied- Im a Gilmore Girl freak so whenever I smell someones perfume 60feet away I call it being Totsied.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 10:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It was probably her perfume and them not changing the water in the flower container. I used to work in a flower shop and if you dont it can smell like crap. I would call and tell a manager to change the dang water every day and maybe tell the employees to go easy on the perfume.

Answer by gemgem at 10:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• you can't be the only one to notice and I am shocked that they even allow such things in a doctors office.. more often than not they have a no perfume policy because of allergies. I would have said something to my doctor at the time, seems silly to call today and complain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You definitely should call. Most clinics and hospitals now have a no perfume policy, because even the lightest scent can spur allergies, and frankly, some people DO stink from it. Staff especially SHOULD NOT be wearing perfume or cologne, and receiving complaints might help get your doctor's office to change their policy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Call this is a doctors office and the patients should not get sick in the waiting room.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Since you didn't say anything to your doctor at the time, I'd probably just let it go for now. But when I had another visit, if it was still like that, I would say something to the doctor. By the time you go back again, somebody else is likely to have said something.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It was all the perfume,, it was even still in my clothes when I got home,, DH smelled my shirt and said that perfume should be against the law,, no flowers anywhere that I saw,LOL!
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I wanted to say something, but surely she can smell it, and I got to thinking about the poor pregnant women who are still having morning sickness, and what if the doctor gave it to her for Christmas or something? LOL!
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I wore this green tea perfume and this old guy told me I smelled like sh&* and so the next day I came back and had cool water on he said I smelled better lol other women told me they thought it was dreadful they just did not want to hurt my feelings.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2011