Just need your opinion...

So...My baby is due Christmas Eve. I would really rather NOT spend Christmas in the hospital and I really want to have my baby home for Christmas in my arms instead of in my tummy. I am just about 39 weeks. Should I ask my doctor to induce me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• oh let that baby come when it is ready. i would just be thankful to have a happy healthy baby on christmas i wouldn't care where i was.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I know of alot of women who get induced at 38, it can't hurt to ask.
    Sasho

Answer by Sasho at 2:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• chances are he wont induce you unless there is a problem they prefer not to. You could ask if he would scrape your membranes that will sometimes cause labor with in 24 hours but i think you have to be atleast 2cm dialted for them to do it. I understand i wouldnt wana be in the hospital for christmas either but in the end a happy healthy baby is whats importent.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I wouldn't ask to be induced unless it's medically needed. I don't agree with that just so suits you. I think that is very selfish. Anyway, they say baby can comes two weeks early or late. Just let it happen.

Anonymous

• Whats more important..holidays or your babys health..he/she will come when ready.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I agree with jodi.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i think its selfish as well to fit your needs. let the baby come when the baby comes.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• What's wrong with inducing?
    Anonymous

• I see nothing wrong with it! Good Luck!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 2:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You could ask but they might not do it. You have to have a favorable bishop score this link explains it http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/173.html other wise the induction might fail which only means you go home with no baby and try again a week later. Only 5% of babies are born on their due date so the chance you'll actually go into labor on the 24th is so low I wouldn't even worry about it. I'd worry more about having a new year's baby. I know you probably want this baby out already and I really feel for you but hang tight, it will come out soon.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2008