Its her foot.

my daughter is almost 16 months old and shes walking just fine but her left foot turns in. the dr said its fine and should correct itsself but it still worries me. am i over reacting

jaidynsmom10

Asked by jaidynsmom10 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it's a balance thing, like doc said it should correct over time as she gets more stable on her feet.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Most toddlers walk like that when they are first learning. I wouldn't worry too much. If it doesn't go away by 24 months I might bring it back up with the doc.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I would get a second opinion. Take her to a podiatrist. They specialize in problems with toes and feet for people of all ages.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You could take her to an orthopedic specialist, DH is an orthotist, and yes your doctor is right, most of the time it does correct itself, but it wouldn't hurt to have her looked at, many things can be done now to prevent problems later!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Ask your pediatrician how long to give it on self-correction...he/she should be able to say when it should correct naturally...then keep an eye on it. Don't lose consciousness of it though or it will be come 'normal' to you and you may not notice if it doesn't correct itself. This is easy to do as you are with her constantly.
    th43

Answer by th43 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2011