How do you manage to be a Flight Attendant and a Mom?

I always hear that you should not be a Flight Attendant and mom. But I would like to hear from the moms who are making it happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• That's BS. If people can be in the military or an OTR trucker then you can be a flight attendant.

Anonymous

• I think they just say that because the mom is away so much. And that's understandable, but it's no different, than a military mom, a lawyer or a doctor mom. If you want to do it, then go for it!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I think it would depend on your support system and how much time you are willing to spend away from your child. I work long hours, but I couldn't handle being away from my babies at night on a regular basis. Maybe some flight attendants are only working short flights on a regional carrier and are home most nights.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My friend's mom was a flght attendant and her dad was a pilot. She turned out great and her parents never got divorced.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• It's like a lot of other jobs. You just make it happen. But on a different note..I'm in the travel business and I wouldn't want to be a Flight Attendant right now...the industry is so unpredictable.
    Anonymous

• Travel Industry...I agree...my husband is a Travel Agent..well was, he got laid off. He's been in the business for 34 years and can't get a job with a Travel Agency or the Airlines to save his life. It's depressing!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2008