Who is your emergency contact?

If your having some frightening symptoms or need to get to the hospital who do you call besides 911..are they available almost always to help you? Mine is my husband, but I think I really should change that because he always has his cell phone off and he's usually too busy to answer his other phones.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• my husband is my first contact but if he is unable to be reached then its my mother in law and she is always availble and lives real close to us.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• if it really is an emergency.. then only the ER.. they will contact my hubby
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• my hubby
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• if i was at home or something i would call my sister because she lives about 5 min away and is always at home or in the area because she is a sahm and it would be easier that way. my SO works about 20 min away and doesnt always have a phone on him he can meet us wherever we go. now when i go into labor, thats what i would do, but i would also call my So if he is working and MAKE him leave asap lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My SO, and my grandparents. My grandparents are retired, and are almost always home, and if not, they have a cell phone. My SO has his cell phone, and he always has it on (on vibrate) so he can answer if I call.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My mom and boyfriend
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My husband and my sister :)
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 2:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My mom first, then my boyfriend, then my grandma. lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• it would first be my hubby but that would mean i would have to first look up his work phone number in the phone book, call it and wait for him to get on the phone since he has his phone off and not with him during work.
    but in this case it would have to be my sis who does live in another town but if something is wrong, i would call her and she would come.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have a primary and a secondary.
    First: Hubby on cell phone number
    Hubby on office number
    Hubby on home number
    Second Sister on office number
    Sister on cell phone number
    sister on home number

I'd rather stay at the hospital than have them call my mom.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 4:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2008