How can I get my girls used to the new house?

We are still somewhat in the process of moving, but we are staying in the new house because all the beds and other main things are here. My dog and my daughter can't seem to be out of my sight in this house and my daughter has to have me holding her. She is very excited but only if I am holding her the whole time. What can I do to get both of them used to the house? I have walked them both through the house numerous times.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 10:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• time for a tent party in her room. or some fun game in the new house. we always unpacked the girls rooms first so they would feel more at home in the new house.

Military family, we moved 7 times in 5 years.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You don't mention her age but you can help her along by setting up her room quickly and making it fun. If the house is larger than she is used to it may seem huge and 'scary' to her. Keep her close and make her your big helper in whatever you are doing. GL!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Sorry, she is only 9 months. She can't exactly be a "helper" unfortunately. I did find that if I put her in front of high school musical I can get some unpacking done.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Understandable that she is overwhelmed at that age. It will pass. Can you let her play close by with a box packed with plastic containers or something?
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 4:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It just takes a while to get comfortable. New places with unfamiliar things cause anxiety. Try making at least one room cozy and as much like home as possible to start with and then go from there. It will get better!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• She's still a baby. It may not all be the move, maybe shes going threw a mommy phase too!
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It just takes a while for all of us. Get some familiar toys for her to play with ASAP and make setting up her room a priority.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2011