Pagans: How did you become pagan?

Were you raised pagan? Did you convert? What made you convert? Were you angry at God for something? Did you have some kind of epiphany?

I am just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.allaboutspirituality.org/paganism.htm
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• That link might help you answer your questions.
    Imogine

• The angry at God thing cracks me up. I'm Atheist (not Pagan), but when people find this out, they ask if I'm angry with God. They don't seem to get that there's no God to be angry with.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 10:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Pagans believe in more than one God and they believe that Jesus IS A god but not one to be held up higher than the rest.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I wanted to find a faith, that did not focus on sins or if there was a heaven or hell. But a faith that allowed you to focus on all that was right in your heart- a faith that supported your need to want to send out positive energy for people and wanting for positive situations.

pumpkinpie778

Answer by pumpkinpie778 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I was raised Roman Catholic but that doesn't mean I chose or was one. I tried to be a good Christian and follow the bible it just didn't settle with me. In my heart I knew there was something about our universe, nature and spirit that meant so much more and finding it within oneself to gain the strength to overcome obstacles. I am studying Shamanism
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I was baptised right out of the Church.

http://livingpagan.blogspot.com/2007/09/how-i-became-pagan-part-1.html
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I tried to force myself to be a Christian for over 20 years. It never made sense to me. There were many things that never made sense to me, and questions that weren't answered. Then I found paganism, and I felt like I found peace, found what my soul had been searching for.... like I was coming home. I was never angry at God, I just never agreed with the box/limitations Christianity tends to put on the divine.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Ive never met one Pagan who believed Jesus was a God. Almost every Pagan Ive known or talked to or listened to believed he was pretty much just a good man with some great ideas...a teacher.

Not every Pagan believes in multiple Gods/Goddesses either. Paganism is a very individual path so those of us on this path will all believe slightly different things.

I was born and raised in a very Christian household. I was a testimony carrying, true blue member til I was 34 yrs old when I discovered some very disturbing things that made me start questioning. I refer to it as leaving a prettily decorated box.

So you could say I had an epiphany of sorts and I converted. I can tell you that the peace and joy I feel now are nothing like what I did as a Christian and the answers I thought Id not get til death I found in Paganism. I feel more "at home" than I did before. Thats the best way for me to describe it.

Cont'd...
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Were you raised pagan? sadly no though I wish I could of been raised Pagan. My mom is a christian and my dad's an athiest.

Did you convert? not really although my mom did try to raise and force me to be exactly like her I knew at a very young age I believed differently. I have always been some type of Pagan back then I just didn't know what it was called.  I really started trying to find what my right path was called around 6th grade. I was in the Broom closet then.

What made you convert? I had to lie and pretend to be someone/something I was not just to make my mom and other christians around me happy. I got sick and tired of it. I wanted to come out of the broom closet for good and one day I finally did.

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 11:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2011