Is it normal to feel this way or are we not meant to be together?

My SO and I have been together for going on 3 yrs and I feel like I am losing all the passion with him. He treats me like a goddess but I can't help but to feel unattracted to him. He used to be very thoughtful and do things that made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world and now he does nothing. Also I used to think he ws the sexiest man ever and now he just irritates me. He kinda grosses me out at times with the disgusting things he does. I have had conversations with him, I have even cried my eyes out confessing to him that I feel like our marriage is falling apart and it will change for a couple weeks and then go right back to the way it was. I don't know what to do, any ideas???

cphilp2007

Asked by cphilp2007 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• talk to a professional they can give u things to help get it back to the way it was... i felt the same way about my ex needless to say i ended up cheating and leaving him.. That is not the best thing to do though. maybe u need to try something different thing about things u did when u 1st met. and try them. go out to new places. maybe even try new sexual things
    Anonymous

• You are in the exact same situation that me and my hubby went though. It's like you took a piece out of our lives!! We got into counseling and that helped and also I read the following books and they did wonders for us. The first one could be read by both of you or if he won't, then just read it on your own and put the principals to action.

Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
    Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I was in the same boat. What my SO and i did was sit and watch a movie in the dark together after the little one went to sleep. and other times we would watch a sexy movie to spice up our sex life and that seemed to help out alot
    Anonymous

• The passion in marriage comes and goes. As you grow old together, the passion actually intensifies. I think the reason for that is that we come to know each other better and more intimately. If a marriage is based only on the sexual part, the passion flees relatively soon. If it's based more on commitment, it hangs around although there will be days when you won't feel it as much. Marriage takes work. Spouses have to figure out what says love to the other, aside from sex. If you will begin to think in terms of how you can show your husband love outside the bedroom, you will likely feel the passion return.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2008