How do i tone my hair down a shade?

i dyed my hair bleach blonde lastnight( it wasn't realy bleach just the color) and it is way too blonde. i want to go to alittle darker blonde. is that ever possible without it turning a messed up color? i was told to mybe tone it. well how do i do that? can i just get alittle darker blonde and put it on it? thank you very much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I would try using a toner... my sister bleached her hair and it was too bright so she did a toner and it was still very light but just toned down a little so it didnt look as harsh. I would not put anything else in your hair that is a permanant dye.... you could try a non permanant dye but that'll wash out every few weeks.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• GO TO A SALON and ask them to tone it. Don't try to do this yourself. Last year a friend of mine bleached her hair, but it was so damaged already, that when she put the toner on, her hair turned BLUE from the toner. She had left it on too long. Its hard to do when you are by yourself.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• if your hair has yellow or brassy tones to it and you don't like it then a toner will help to neutralize that. I would recommend getting some caramel or mocha highlights. But be careful if getting the mocha highlights because they will darken hair quick ask for just a few.
    jenw212

Answer by jenw212 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2011