Does your SO?

compare you to things his mom does for him??? How does it make you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• Nope never compared me....He loves us both!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No, he doesn't but that would make me feel really annoyed at him if he did! I am so thankful he's not a "momma's boy"
    Anonymous

• No, he never compares me to his mom. He will point out when I'm acting like my dad though, so I know I'm acting like an ass and need to stop.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• nope.. he would never compare me with his mom. his mom is a really kind, lovely and great person.. so am i (lol).. but we are totally different... its his mom.. im the wife.. nothing to compare
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yeah he does a little bit, especially in my cooking "MY mom puts noodles in her chili" "MY mom adds liver" (PUKE). He does not mean to offend me and he apologizes right away but it still bugs me.

The good thing is that he appreciates everything that I do like cooking, cleaning, and so on. He tells me this everyday. He just needs to get used to my healthy style of cooking and not his mothers farm girl butter and salt rich diet.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No but he compare's me to his ex-wife and that really bothers me. He thinks that i'm just like her but i'm nothing like her and we both know it. I tell him that he does it and it bothers me the next day he tells me he's sorry but it still hurts
    Anonymous

• My hubby has never done that, thank goodness. And I really feel for the last poster who's husband compares her to his ex-wife. That would TICK me off!!! It would bother me either way though. But his mother lives in another state and we never see them, nor do we talk to them all that often. I'm blessed I guess.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• He did one time. I was making dinner, and he mentioned how his mother would do it, and I told him "Well in that case, you can go eat at your mothers house!", threw it away, and he never mentioned his mothers way of doing things again.

(I was 7 months pregnant at the time)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Ha, no, he doesn't never has, my DH is a man, not a boy.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Too funny, I did just what CarolynBarnett said! lol He was constantly telling 'that's not how my mom does that', 'my mom puts such-and-such in that'. Ugh. I was finally so pissed that I dumped dinner in the trash, told him to go "home" to his parents house and I went into the bedroom. He still every once in a while will start to make a comment like that and I just tell him to go home if he has a problem with it!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 6:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2008