Needing some weight loss tips please!

okay so my son is now 4 1/2 and i have still not lost ANY of my baby weight from him. Although i was fat way before he came along anyway. I have been fat almost my whole life. I did lose manage to lose a good bit of weight when i was in college a few years ago, but it all came back, bc i lost it by not eating anything and when i started back eating it came back very quickly. I am at 256 lbs and I am 5'7 so I am a lot over weight. I know diet and exercise are the main things to losing weight, but I can not stick to them.. I am pretty much a flake when it comes to things like this, but this time I am really gonna try. Any help tips that anyone may have are welcome... Also if you know of anything that works really fast that would be great! lol Thanks in advance!

lamom2aj

Asked by lamom2aj at 11:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Have you tried the HCG diet?

My neighbor does it, however, I won't do it because it's kinda weird.

You take a small dose of HCG, and only eat like 1400 calories a day. If you want to send me a message with your email, I'll send you the links on it.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• sexiercise lol :) u burn over 1,000 caleries an hour so wrk it bab wrk it :)
    MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• How about a set of weights and maybe a workout partner someone you encourage and encourages you also try spark people I use that site it has everything workouts meals and support and its online and free and you can keep track of your water intake and calorie intake it helps when you need support or even a workout buddy who lives close by.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Eat a little less, move a little more. Diets leave us feeling deprived. Just keep making small changes, take a little bit smaller portions and make it a point to get a little more exercise. Take a walk, do more housework, what ever you can think of. Do not eat after 6:00 pm. Have tea, water or whatever, but eliminate late eating..... Throw away your scale. It will help you to focus on yourself and feeing better while you are changing your life. :-) Weight can be depressing. It doesn't matter how much you weigh, it is how you feel that matters. Cutting carbs completely and maintaining an eating pattern of low fat proteins, and fresh fruits and veagatables work great.,....Good Luck...
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I know it's hard but you can do this. I myself was severely overweight and I had absolutely no will power. It wasn't until I went to the doctor with swelling of my foot that I found out that I was at risk for diabetes and other illnesses. It hit me so hard. I was young. I didn't think it was that bad but I guess I was just kidding myself. I went to the store afterwards and I had no idea what was healthy or what kind of exercises I should do. I was lost. I looked through an Oxygen magazine and I wanted to be healthy and strong like these women. I saw a P90X fitness video ad and I bought it the next day. I gave all of my junk food away. I stocked my fridge with nothing but fruit and veggies and lean meats and water. I cut all the fruit and portioned it out so if I wanted to much on something when I was watching t.v. I broke out a container of watermelon instead of chips. I'll admit that the first week was the toughest.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I was mad that I couldn't eat what everyone else was eating and feeling sorry for myself. Then my P90X fitness dvd came in. I started it and it was so hard. They say on there that you shouldn't get discouraged that you can't keep up. I just got into a routine of waking up early, have some yogurt and granola on top, do my workout video or go for a walk (now a run) around the block, take a shower, get my son ready for school, get myself ready, take a already portioned meal i made for lunch, and make something healthy for me and my son for dinner and in bed early. I also got tivo to tape all of my shows that come on late and I watch my shows when I'm on the eliptical. It's just about changing your habits little by little. Try drinking only water, no soda. Then move onto making your recipes healthier by substituting regular meats for lean meats and low sodium and less sugar alternatives. good luck. it is possible.
    Bugzmomma

• Find exercise you love. If you hate the gym then try swimming or running (you can start w/ run/walk intervals!) tennis, volleyball, whatever makes you happy. Also, find healthy food you love - don't just eat salad day in and day out. boring! and you'll give up. Look for healthy alternatives the foods you love.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am on a diabetic diet under my doctors care you should really talk to your doctor and get some tips and ideas from him. What I do is I write down everything I eat--carbs, fats, calories ect and it cannot total more then what they have set for me in a day. Alot of days I do not even eat that amount but that is the goal my doctor has set for me.

I have lost over 40 pounds, but I also walk every day, swim at least twice a week and have cut out all sweets and junk food and soda. Soda is a big factor in people gaining weight because if you don't have soda you feel like you want to eat all the time. I try to keep healthier snacks and drink lots of water during the day also. Good luck I know it is a hard and trying time
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Even making small changes you can see a big difference. If you drink soda.. cut the amount you drink in 1/2. Then after you adjust to that, cut THAT amount in 1/2... and so on. Do this over a period of time that is do-able for you. Days or weeks, whatever works for you. Slowly start to cut back on foods that aren't good for you.. white flour, white sugar.. bad carbs... etc. Just start by cutting them out a little.. so that you can manage it. Eat a lot of junk food? Just start to cut back. My vice was carbs when I was 300lbs. I was able to go cold turkey at first with the BAD carbs... but during 7 years of maintaining a BIG loss...I've had to incorporate some back in. Otherwise, I'd just go overboard and start eating horrible again. I'd catch it.. fix the problem and move forward. Don't get stuck on losing fast.. I KNOW that's hard to do, but slow and steady really does win!! Oh and WATER WATER WATER!! :)
    AudraMorgan

Answer by AudraMorgan at 9:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2011