Did you wait to have sex with your husband, until you got married to him?

Why or why not? Will you like for your kids to wait until they get married to have sex?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Ummmm we kinda got married because we kept having sex. lol. We got pg with our oldest! We were only 21 so we would have waited, but it worked out great. August 18 we will have been married 20 years.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I didn't...mostly because I wanted to be with him. But, now that I'm older, I see so many marriages with problems centered around sex, and I no longer think it's a great idea to wait. We would like marriage to be forever, but if we marry someone that we're not sexually compatible with it can cause serious problems.

I have to admit that although I don't want my boys (all adults) to be promiscuous, I wouldn't advise them to wait until marriage. I DO advise them to be responsible....and never have sex with someone that they wouldn't want to be the mother of their children. (And of course use protection.)
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Nope, didn't wait.
    I hope my DD waits, obviously. But, if not, I hope she approaches me so we can get her on BC, and talk about safe sex practices.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• No, I was only 15 when we starting dating and knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him :)
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 11:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• nope i did not..and im glad that i didnt wait..its 9yrs later and we have just had our first baby..i would rather my dd get out there and sample the world instead of waiting for one person that might not know exactly what they are doing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Heh, I jumped my husband on our first date lol.  I knew him before hand.  And as far as my kids.  I don't believe you should be married before you have sex.  Yes it has many benefits, but I don't believe that sex is morally wrong outside a marriage.  BUT, I do NOT want them having sex as young teens, thats for sure.  WAY too many physical and emotional consequences

Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I didn't wait either but I have been with my husband for 11 years and couldn't be happier!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 11:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• no. why buy a car before you get to test drive it? lol
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 11:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Nope, I believe in test-driving the car before you buy. The only thing I hope for my son is that he waits until he is in love and that he is responsible when he does.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• mmsfirstone- thanks for making me laugh, I'm going to steal that line!

I want to say I AGREE with Zakkysmommy....young teens shouldn't be having sex....I definitely wanted them to wait until they were older!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2011