How to:;

hot to keep a house clean with 7 month old baby that crawls around & makes messes, 4 year old that has toys everywhere... & a puppy that tears everything up & 3 cats! i can not keep up with this house i clean it everyday & every morning it looks the same i have to vaccum twice a day! theres always laundry, trash needs taken out everynight almost. i am just so overwhelmed with it all & i feel like this almost everyday. my son just act like there hungry 24-7 or he just wants something from me. He use to be so good at playing by himself but not now & the baby is always fussin. 9think shes teething) i do all this & then i have to hunt for rides everyday to work because the car broke down!

please give me some ideas how to keep an organized house!!! before i have a break down lol.

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 11:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Have the kids help more and also, a big one for me, get rid of clutter, toys, or clothes you don't use anymore
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 11:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Your 4 year old is big enough to clean up after himself and to help out a little with the baby (as in the baby is in the playpen big brother is making funny faces to keep baby happy).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Are you a single mom? If you are married why not ask your spouse for some help, that is a lot for one person.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Your 4 year old is old enough to pick up his own toys. I make my 3 year old put away his toy before he gets another one out or i take it and put it in the storage!
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I'd cut back to 1 pet for now,one room for playroom-keep all toys there and train them to play there.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I used to baby gate off half the house and have the kids play on one side while I cleaned the other.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yea! so we are gettin rid of this dog asap! we left today & didnt put him in the backyard because it was so hot & he tore a hole in the side of my couch!!!! & ate my work shoes!
    jennifer_oakley

Comment by jennifer_oakley (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Shave the cats, put the puppy outside, and have the older child help out more. Declutter, and don't be so hard on yourself.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Just tackle one room at a time ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have an almost 9 month old, and almost 5 year old. We just moved from a 3 bed to a 1 bed. I am still getting organized.. One thing I did prior to moving was while DH was at preschool his 1 day a week I purged his toys (throwing out all the broken ones, and those with way too many missing pieces as well as other unneccessary things he was trying to keep.). The cats are outside till the inside is organized and a chore chart is being made for everyone. A new rule has been made that goes like this, "If mommy has to pick it up after you are told to, it becomes mommy's to do with as I please.".
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 12:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2011