Her feet drive me crazy! I need ideas!

I know this probably sounds silly but I can NOT stand the way my daughter acts with her feet, she puts them on everything, if I have the laptop by the couch she tries to stand on it, puts her feet up on the table, ontop of anything else laying on the floor, or the back door, which is glass so there are feet marks everywhere, literally EVERYTHING she can put her feet on she does and it drives me nuts, I tell her to stop, tell her her feet don't belong there, tell her feet belong on the floor, tell her she's getting things dirty, give her time outs, tell her she'll get a reward if she doesn't do it but NOTHING helps and its driving me insane, she's 2 1/2 and completely understands what I am saying she just refuses to stop. I know she could be doing worse things but this is making me go nuts! I need help, any ideas how to get her to stop???

husky_grlie08

Asked by husky_grlie08 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she's doing it BECAUSE it drives you crazy. Have you tried ignoring it? The performance may not be as much fun without an audience.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Ignoring it does nothing. She will do it no matter if I ignore it or if I say something. I have tried that more than once, I've been dealing with this about 6 months so I've came back to ignoring it many times and it doesn't help she just gets worse and worse about it the more I ignore it.
    husky_grlie08

Comment by husky_grlie08 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Hmmm, then I have no idea. I'll give you a bump though!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yes children will do everything you tell them not to!! They just love attention! I'm going through that w/ my 2yr. son! (Not the feet thing but other things....lol) And everyone has their pet peeve so don't think "I know she could be doing worse things!" But definitely start ignoring her, and I bet she'll stop after a few days!
    LittlesMom549

Answer by LittlesMom549 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Lol, you have turned this into a game for her! Its something she already likes, and she gets attention for it, and even if you ignore her, she's smart enough to know it gets under your skin...

It has been my experience that there are times as a parent where you just need to lighten up, chill out and let them have their fun, even though it inconveniences you...eventually it will lose its appeal and they move on to something else equally annoying but all together harmless.

...this sounds like one of those times.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 12:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• get her a dance pad that you plug into the tv and dance with. then give her so many minutes a day to use it she will get out her feet time, lolm they also make piano mats for the floor that play music, that way if she starts putting her feet on stuffm tell her to go to the mat
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 2:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I understand what you mean! My dd is 3.5 and loved to have her feet on everything!!! drives dh and I nuts!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Hmmm......a phase that will go away soon, maybe?

I will bump. Hopefully, you find some good advice.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 6:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Time outs and I'd try the interactive candy land game that has a DVDs and pads. You could reward her for good behavior when she stops being feet naughty.
    brazilianmumsy

Answer by brazilianmumsy at 10:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2011