Have you ever not eaten b/c there wasnt enough for everyone to eat?

I have several times. I fix kids plates youngest to oldest then I fix df plate and if theres not enough for me to eat I just dont eat that night. And a few times ive had to go couple of days without eating.

country_mom_07

Asked by country_mom_07 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• yes I have; I make sure my children and husband have enough to eat and then fix myself a plate if there is any thing left; towards the end of the month is really hard
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Whether or not everyone 'likes' the same thing, you need to concentrate most on putting a nutritious meal on the table that you can sit down and eat as well. Sit down and write out a menu, and use that to plan for things like making a whole chicken one day and using the bones to cook soup the next ... that sort of thing. Ask the older children to give you meal ideas, and try and fix one meal each week that each one likes. Add things like grains to meatloaf, burgers, casseroles, tacos, etc. Make yogurt in your crockpot (google directions) and flavor it with jello. You can use dry milk to make it. Make bread instead of buying it ~ get the kids to help! Use some of your FS to buy lettuce, tomato, and carrot seeds, cabbage, etc. to produce food instead of just buying it.

Msg me if you like. I can send you the 5 min./no knead bread recipe, etc. if it will help.

Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yes I have. Some times you just have to do what you have to do. I may have some suggestions on how to make food last longer. PM me so we can talk in private.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Thank God I've never had to do that. Hit up ur local food bank. Might not be the best food but it'll be edible.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I've done it before. I'm sure my mom did it when I was younger but disguised it like she was cleaning or doing something else. Times can be hard for one reason or another and I always figured that mom's make the sacrifices for their kids when and how they have to.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I went without a couple times my sons took portions off their own plate to make sure that would not be my son says now I taught them to care for other people because I gave them even when I had to work harder to get it my son hugged me and thanked me for teaching him to not be selfish. The best gift I ever got was them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My mom did that a lot when I was a kid. It traumatized my brother so much that he hordes non perishable food now. He has enough freeze dried food to feed his family for 20 years.

I have never been to that point and if I was, I would go apply for food stamps or get food from a food bank.

Big HUGS Momma!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• That is what being a mother is about. I have done this numerous time in the past.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I eat sparingly or something else if need be, but usally find something for myself too, I fix kids first in youngest to oldest style and then DH and Im last. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 11:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I get food stamps and still have 2 do this.
    country_mom_07

Comment by country_mom_07 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2011