• In the Spotlight:

Allergies what to do

Both of my boys have allergies and i give them Benedryl which by the doctor is what i am supose to do. Last year my eldest son(now 2 1/2) went in to the er because his eyes swelled shut. Clariten didnt work that is how i found that he could use bendryl well my youngest ( now 15 months) we found out had a reaction to sunblock so he could use bendryl. my boys love it outside and in michigan the pollon and everything sucks butt for allergies, anyways my youngest is constantly having a runny nose with sneezing and rubbing eyes with the bendryl in his system. my question/concern is is there anything else i can do so he can enjoy playing outside with his brothers?

Levink_08

Asked by Levink_08 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is on zyrtec. Works very well for him
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I would also try zyrtec - that is what my son is on and it works for him as well
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i dont think they can even have that type of medication at that age.
    but my son is on clariten and it does wonders just pricey!
    japandamommy

Answer by japandamommy at 12:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Talk to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• HONEY!!!!!! u can give them honey look up natural remedies, ive heard alot about it, hopefully theres no allergy w that. I think its something like a tablespoon a day. I would give it a week and see if it helps. Its alot better for him than that horrible meds that the drs give that makes them sleepy those drs are just a business anyways
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 2:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2011