Eating habits.

I wouldnt say that my two year old is a "picky eater" but we eat dinner the same time everyday and with her dinner I always give her a cup of milk, some days she will eat everything from her plate but other days she is just wont eat anything, I dont know if it is because Im giving her a drink with her meal but she will drink all her milk regardless and she loves green beans so even if its chicken and green beans she will eat green beans with any meal. And I know sometimes she is hungry because she always says "eat mom,chair" and goes to her chair. So is she not eating because I give her a cup at meal time?

AnasMom09

Asked by AnasMom09 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Kids' Health

• It could be. We have a no milk until after eating rule. They can have water with the meal, and milk as a snack during the day, but they only get their milk after they are done eating. P.S. When I saw "we" I mean my sister and I do the same thing with all our kids lol :) My son is only 1, but he follows the same rule as his older cousins :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Stop giving her anything but water with meals. Most kids will not drink a lot of water all at once. I made my kids wait tell after they finished eating to drink. If I did give the something while eating it was water.

Answer by louise2 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Drinking with the meal is fine. My doctor told me that your kids can not want anything all day, and the next day eat you out of house and home... It's typical child behavior. Period. Give her the milk at dinner.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Kids are kids with their own likes and dislikes, and they can change those from one day to the next. They also won't eat unless they are hungry. I say, don't worry about it unless she starts losing weight.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Thankk you so much every one for your input, I would say she is very health weighing a good 30 pounds at the age of 2.
    AnasMom09

Comment by AnasMom09 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• With my 2 yr old that was the issue.... he would sit there and drink all of his drink, but when we decided to not to give him a drink but just his food, he ate almost all of his food and then he got his drink and drank all of that too, lol! GL with the eating thing... Hope that helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 5:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i dont think so, give her less milk and ration it while eating
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 6:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2011