Omg....

ok my mother is a phycologist and she printed this paper off the internet and it was info on " If u hold that baby all the time...." well my son is now three months and when he was born, the first month i held him all the time shoot i didnt take a shower for like a week bc i had no help and he would scream if i put him down. then he got used to the fact that when i put him down that means i have to do something. well this booklet says that holding ur baby all the time is actually critical for their devolopment and u will not i repeat will not spoil them,well i knew this. well my main concern now is that, i dont hold him all the time anymore or co sleep, honestly i miss suggling up to him and holding him all the time, so i really hope its not to late to start this again. so whats the best sling? wher can i buy it? will it hurt my back since hes 3 months old? will i get used to it? no bashing plz oh and it actually said that if u hold ur baby all the time they will be less clingy and whiney when there older and more confident and also have better human relationships + trust!!! wow

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hahahaha, what bs!! Your talking about the natural Child and they are also against pretty much everything that is used instead of humans. Swings, bouncers, or bumbos. I didn't wear my kids, my sister did. My son is way more independent, socially, and mentally ahead of my niece.... It is all in moderation,
    Anonymous

• I think you just need to tend to your infant as needed/wanted by your baby.. holding all the time does not literally mean ALL the time, its more directed towards people who refuse to hold their infant at all from being told it will spoil your baby.. its a generational thing from the early 1900's that think your baby will be spoiled by love and attention, that's not the case anymore with all the research done.. you can go back to co sleeping if you want but you don't have to if your baby is adjusting to the crib either.. just love your baby to pieces and if you want to wear your child, you will just need to try on different slings to see what is the best fit for you and baby.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Your mother should have taught you how to spell her profession.
    Anonymous

• I think to put a baby down to sleep and to nap, or in a bouncy for a bit, is normal behavior for any mommy. I think holding them and bypassing hygiene is a little on the too much of a good thing list.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The biggest factor is appropriate and quick response to needs. So, you can put your babe down, but if he starts to cry, respond. Pick him up. When the baby is hurt, comfort it, when the baby is hungry, feed it.

I held my kids ALOT and they are pretty independent.

Children also need a little time here and there to explore, so when they are curious, you are responding to their needs by giving them some play time.

Hang in there. I am sure you are doing great.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The only "too late" here is when one of you has DIED. Kimi and ImaginationMama have it dead on correct.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I didn't hold my DDs all the time and they are growing to be perfect social butterflies! I think that if you hold them all them time like missing showers for a week that is TOOO much. There is a line, good luck!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 1:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Relax. You're not harming your child by not CONSTANTLY holding him. You're not ignoring him, that's the important part. You DO still hold him, but you're also allowing him some space and independence, and if you felt he needed you you'd go get him and pick him up right? Follow your gut and your child's needs, and it will be fine. You HAVE NOT damaged your child by putting him down when you need to. My point is, you don't have to go out of your way to make sure you hold him constantly, you follow your instincts. For his age, I like the ring style slings, in the hip carry. But that's MY preference. No, it did not hurt my back, and I have back issues to begin with. A sling like that will evenly distribute the weight across your shoulders, back and hips.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i don't care what that statement is telling us (mom) to do, but if my baby is crying I will go over and hold him. He's not going to be that size forever! I do will let him cry a little bit when he grows older like now he's 7 months I'll let him cry a bit before running over. When he's couple of months old I hold him all the time and that's not going to spoil him, remember he can't see clearly, everything is very new, he gets hungry all the time, he's in your belly in the pass so many months he finds comfort when you hold him. I read it somewhere that they will trust you if you respond to their needs quicker. If you train them right, they will grow up confident and independent, parents are the first person that they look up to.

You can get a sling that can carry front and back, depends on her weight, get a nice one so it will last till she's a year. You should go babyrus to try it out.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2011