Neighborhood kids?

i have a slight prob.
i have a kid. thats hangs out in my neighborhood i have never seen her here before. shes older id say around the age of 11 or 13.
and shes a challenged child.
my kids dont play with random children. i have set play dates for them such as kids from school or baseball or football. and cub scouts.
now this little girl came to my house pounding on my door asking for some kid by the name of walter!
i never heard of a kid in my area by that name.
and she saw my kids and wanted to play with them. my children are alot younger than her.

what would you have done?

japandamommy

Asked by japandamommy at 12:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd have sent her home and found out where she lived . If she has serious challenges she shouldn't be out by herself to get picked up by some creep. I'm not going to allow strange kids around mine. If they want to play, I have to meet their parents first.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• it was so weird though i have never seen this kid before.
    and the way she said she knew my kids was just idk not true bc my kids are always busy and never home.
    i asked her where she lived and she didnt say anything and she she looked very pale like she hasent aten in days prob. and my little guy walked outside and gave her a bottle of water and an apple.
    which was very thoughtful of him and i didnt mind.
    but it was very strange...
    so than i asked her where her parents were and she just looked again.
    and than got on her bike and rode off.
    and i havent seen her sense than
    japandamommy

Comment by japandamommy (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Maybe shes new to the area, visiting someone on summer vacation, a foster child, who knows, I probably would have done the same as you
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• maybe shes a runaway....if she comes back call the cops and let them find out where she belongs....she shouldnt be wandering if shes special needs, she may have wandering issues...alot of kids with autism do(if thats her problem)....anyways..
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 2:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2011