Help i don't know what to say!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend(we lost contact a couple years ago) that fiance just passed away while she was 6 months pregnant. She is going through a hard time emotionally and financially. I am trying to write her an email and I don't know what to say. Its like my brain don't function when I come into contact with someone who is mourning. I wanted to tell her that if she need anything that I am here for her and that I have some baby clothes and furniture if she need it. Do I just tell her that or do I mention her fiance? I don't want to come off as a bitch for not mentioning him, but I don't want to hurt her by mentioning him. Do you get what I am trying to say?
We don't live in the same town that is why I haven't visit her(besides I get nervous in situations like this). Me and dh is willing to pack this stuff up and make the drive to give it to her.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I would just write from your heart.. start typing and you will be suprised what comes to you as you go.. yes I would tell her sorry for her loss..
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• you can try to just write her a poem that sometimes helps with people and it makes them feel better.
    and if you cant come up with anything search it.
    japandamommy

Answer by japandamommy at 12:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I would simply tell her you are so sorry to hear about what has happened, Mention you have items that could maybe help her out if she needed/wanted them and let her know you are there as a shoulder if she needs it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The poor girl :( Ugh, I would have trouble finding the words too. You could try sending her flowers and a "thinking of you in these hard times" card, then email or call her with your offer to help her out.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Get her a heartfelt card at the drugstore. Sometimes, those cards can say just what you really wanted to say, but couldn't think of yourself. I wouldn't mention her husband, i would just let her know that you are there for her during these times of heartache. There really isn't anything you can say that would make her feel better, but just her knowing that you are thinking of her, praying for her & have her in your heart probably would mean the world to her.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Just let her know you are sorry for her loss, and you know that she is hurting right now, let her know that you are there for her. Also let her know, that If she needs, you have some clothes and other baby items,,,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I think you just start out with I am sorry we haven't been as close as we used to be, but when I found out about your fiance's death, I wanted you to know that I am here for you. I would probably send her a card in the mail, and enclose a gift card and say here is something for the baby, and if you have stuff you are not using offer it to her. Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Just simply tell her I am so sorry for your loss and that we have lost touch but i do have baby stuff that i would love to bring to you to try and help you out and see you. and that will mean more to here then worrying about bringing up her fiance trust me the more you can distract her from her pain the better good luck mama
    Linda_PF

Answer by Linda_PF at 12:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Start out by saying you don't really know WHAT to say but you wanted her to know you're thinking about her, etc. Yes, I would definitely mention the fiance or she's gonna think you don't care.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• HI Mary, I cannot imagine the feelings you are having at this time. I am here for you and I will do anything I can do to help you through this difficult time. I didn't know "dave" but I know that if you loved him, he was a wonderful man who would have been a wonderful father. I am here for you. Please let me know if I can do anything for you at all. Keeping you close in prayer, Susan.
    p.s. I am saving some baby furniture and things for you if you decide you could use them, that would make me very happy. I can drive them up on XYZ.
    I'll be in touch next week.
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2011