When the trust is irrepairable in a relationship,how do you walk away even though its killing you to so?

I have been exclusively dating a man for the past 7 months.For the past 5 there have been enough things that have happened to make anyone run away,but I kept coming back. I met him on an on line dating website,and I found out that he would hide his profile at times,and other times it would be active,he is very flirty around other women all the time,makes me feel like everything is "in my head", and the latest issue is the fact that he takes different women to lunch while he is at work.(He owns the company) he says its all different business related lunches,im just not at all believing that at this point. Maybe to much has happened and I just am not willing to accept anymore,either way,I would like other opinions about him always taking women to lunch and also,how do you find the strength to leave a relationship if it has drained you emotionally to where you feel like it would be less painful to walk away from it than to stay. Also,I do not feel as though I am an insecure person,I feel as though after all of the things that I have found out and accepted,maybe have made me insecure in this relationship. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you very much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• You are only 7 months in to this and this is far too many red flags, I would just be done and HAVE to walk away for your own sanity.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i am in a very similar situation. i was cheated on numerous times and i have a secret plan to leave him when he is at work but i know it is gonna make him cry. i told him i don't want to be in the relationship anymore and he cried and bawled like a baby. it is very hard to watch a grown man cry like that. he has begged for my forgiveness for his cheating in the past. thing is ;he has been very generous to me financially and i appreciate that but there is no trust. i cannot deal with his crying when i talk about leaving. last time i mentioned leaving he went nuts ! he called his parents crying,and he was a mess!!!!!! i dont know what to do because it breaks my heart.
    Anonymous

• If you can't trust him, you can't have a healthy relationship with him. Period.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 12:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Trust your instincts!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It sounds like you know what he's up to and you don't want that for yourself. It's only been 7 months, so chalk that up to the game of life and get away from him fast. You don't want to turn around after 10 years of other woman and wonder how you stayed. Just leave. Please. Good Luck.
    Isiss

Answer by Isiss at 7:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Trust is something you build with someone, not something that they should expect to have.
    You have only been with him 7 months, and you dont trust him already. and instead of talking to you about it, he makes you believe it is all in your head. Seriously, get out now. he isnt worth your time, and he is playing you. Before you find yourself pregnant, and he tells you he has had another GF the whole time, and she is pregnant too. It happened to my cousin.
    WALK AWAY NOW> You will thank yourself later.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Trust is one of the keys that is FUNDAMENTAL to any relationship.
    If you cannot trust this man, for whatever reasons, then there is no
    future for the two of you. As I see it, you have two choices.
    You can either let his past annoyances be the past and move on
    and trust him, or you can let him go..
    Personally, if it was me, I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone
    I don't or can't trust. I deserve to be happy, so does the other person.
    I don't wanna make them miserable, and I certainly don't want to be.
    There is no middle ground here. Either you trust him, or you don't.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It shouldn't be this hard, a mere 7 mos in....cut your losses and move along....
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2011