Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Medical bills

I received a notice that my payment was not enough and to continue in good standing and not be sent to collections I had to pay 200 a month, with over 3gs in med bills alone I was making what I can, when I talked to them they said it is there policy after 10 months if not paid in full you go to collections when I asked for it in writing I was told they dont put it in writing! I said so I am being punished for making an honest effort to pay every month, should I just stop paying everyone else car, rent, food, etc so you can be paid in full, she said if thats what it takes! Are you F*ing me?? sorry had to rant..

Answer Question

Asked by jadeyazi at 12:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Health

Level 6 (104 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • that is crazy!!! I heard that if the deny a payment you don't have to pay them anymore!

    Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 12:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

  • Call back speak to a supervision or the head of billing!!! They are trying to bully you... use those terms!! If they CAN"T put it in writing then they are just trying to strong arm you. Good luck hun!!!


    Answer by Crafty26 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

  • Yeah. I had a collections guy once tell me, "Don't even go there!" when I told him I was paying what I could but you can't get blood from a stone. He said I should ask my family for a loan.


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

  • You can continue to pay the collections people if they turn you over, I doubt they will, they are just trying to get their money faster,, hopefully you are making at least 100.00 payments per month to them,, I honestly think you will be okay.

    Answer by kimigogo at 12:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

  • IF I were you I'd find some way to pay it or just say take it to collections I'll deal with it then. Either way it seems if you dont have the means to pay off other bills with this one your credit will be effected, but at least one way you'll still have a rough over your familie head

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

  • Talk to the supervisor. Also, write a letter. State in the letter that you have been sending regular payment, and have been told that despite regular payment, you will be sent to collections after 10 months. you requested the policy in writing and the company refused to get you the documentation. State that you understand this behavior to be unethical.

    Copy your insurance, the billing department, and the doctor. They'll work with you.

    If you do have insurance, go ahead and file a grievance.

    Sorry mama. Because of the economy, employees are being told to do terrible things to bring the money in. They have to collect or they will lose their jobs. It is pretty yucky.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

  • if you let it go to collections they should make a settle and lower the cost. i had a bill for my husband that was 4,500 and the closing cost was 2000 cash so i did that.
    and that wasent the only one either hes a cancer patient and its hard. and we couldnt get chairty care but its okay it feels better when you work for something even if it is just a medical bill lol

    Answer by japandamommy at 12:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

  • Thanks everyone, and the funny thing is this is only the after I paid the first one of 100.00 plus the 100.00 I paid in the office..

    Comment by jadeyazi (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

  • I would say pay what you can, if they try to send you to collections you can fight it you are after all trying to pay.

    Answer by Sillylins at 6:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.