How to talk to a man that doesn't listen?

How do you talk to your SO went he won't listen! Like the tv could be off, no music, no kids, no distractions and he STILL isn't listening to you???????? Anybody else have this problem? I just wanna grab him my the ears and make him listen sometimes! I feel I am better off talking to the wall!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• My dad had a saying....he'd say "I know your listening, but are you HEARING me?" He was so funny. What are you trying to say that he won't listen to?
    Anonymous

• Anything! the weather, our relationship, what he wants for dinner...anything at all!
    Anonymous

• Maybe he will listen when you start to walk...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Maybe you need to take a look at your approach. Maybe he's heard it all before. Maybe you come off as nagging and critical, or maybe he has ADD. Unless you guys sit down and discuss this issue, nothing will get solved. Have you asked him for his opinion? Does he feel that there is a problem with communication? Or are you venting and he tunes you out? I definitely DO NOT recommend just "walking" like the PP -- but if you guys can't get on the same page, maybe you should look into some counseling.
    RCrohn

Answer by RCrohn at 6:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2008