Have you seen the email the future MIL sent to her stespson's fiance?

A woman went with her fiancee to visit his family and her future MIL was less than pleased with her.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/867889-mother-in-law-sends-bitter-letter-to-sons-staggeringly-rude-fiancee

wildflowers25

Asked by wildflowers25 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• It's harsh, but if the girl really was doing all of those things she needs to develop some manners.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i'd have to agree with the future MIL on most of the things she stated. twas a bit rude, but at least she had the balls to say them to the DIL? , rather than act like a spoiled brat and take it to the internet. at least the MIL was trying to keep it between the two..can't say the DIL has any manners to speak of, seeing how she broadcast future-family problems. dear God, how will she behave when she's legally part of the family?
    if she can't handle it, she has time to leave the relationship. if the man isn't big enough to handle how his mother talks to his future bride, does she really want to be part of that family?
    its messed up all around. DIL showed no class with her actions, though.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• No, it wasn't the right way to go about it, but now the girl knows just what kind of MIL she's going to have. My MIL played nice until we were married and then the claws came out. I would have still married my husband, but I would have avoided her right from the start and not been so hurt by the Jekyll and Hyde personality change.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yeah... the girl is a diabetic and the future MIL kept telling her unless she allergic to stop being so picky about what to eat! Can we say IGNORANT!!! UGH!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• This is a perfect example of people who think they are better than someone else. They always look ignorant. LOL
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• WOW!! How rude!!!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 12:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• wow...i'd have a hard time marrying into that family...good luck to her!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• wow my mil is a bitch has come to a whole new level. she sounds horrible run woman run from the mil from hell! Yeah its never going to get any better for her is it???
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yes. That was horrible. Some of those things could have been addressed delicately and face-to-face, some of them could have been left unsaid.
    Sigmon234

Answer by Sigmon234 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The entire email was posted down in the comments. I don't know how much of what that woman wrote to believe but considering how she went on and on about good manners, I would think she would have just pulled her aside if whatever her future DIL was doing bothered her so much. That would have been more more ladylike than a pissy email.
    wildflowers25

Comment by wildflowers25 (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2011