Was she right?

I think she was...This morning I went to Dollar General and there was an older lady in line in front of me well as she was checked out she told this guy that he shouldn't be blocking his big delivery truck in the handicap lanes I looked at him and it seemed as though he wasn't listening so she raises her voice and says it again he says oh ok I will move right away while he was finishing up what he was doing but the lady walked off. As I stepped out I noticed this big delivery truck I mean he was in the way and took at least 3 handicap parking spaces. I know some young people think well I'll park here it will only be for a moment while I make my delivery but they forget the elderly and the handicapped how it makes them feel.
How would you have handled it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes, she was right. I wouldn't feel a need to handle it because the woman seemed to handle it just fine! :)
    Sigmon234

Answer by Sigmon234 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• she was right, and the manager should've made the truck move. the handicap-spots are for customers, not deliveries. besides, don't they usually deliver around back?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I would have done the samething!! Good for her!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Were there other handicap spots available? If not, then yes, he shouldn't have parked there. If there were plenty it's really not that big of a deal.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Don't delivery trucks go to the back anyway? Why was he in the front where the customers go? She was right.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• she was right
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 1:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yup! Good for her!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• She was right. Good for her!
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 2:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• She was right and it is a big deal! My mother is handicapped severely so the closer I can get her to the door the easier it is for both of us it doesn't make any difference if there were other open handicapped spaces or not. I've been in this situation and like this lady asked them to move and when I didn't get a response I called the Police. There are more hadicapped people than what you see rolling around in the store in the cars some are just more severe than others. I know alot of them don't say anything when the spaces are blocked or a normal person takes their spot, so I do. Not all Seniors have their children looking out for them so we as a society should do the little things when we can.

starfire59

Answer by starfire59 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2011