TTC for 6 months, not getting anywhere!

ive been always regular on my periods but 2 months back my period was delayed by 4 days. last months it was again 4 days late. I am TTC for 6 months now, and every time i get a delayed period all my hopes are crashed and i am soo depressed! what can be the cause of delayed periods? what can i do to enhance my chances of pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• The first thing you can do is RELAX!! Stress can delay your period and it can also cause you not to ovulate. Secondly you can start charting your basil body temperatures. You can use www.fertilityfriend.com They have tons of articles and I think they are the best charting website. Just remember, it takes the average woman 6 months to concieve. Most drs wont see you until you have been trying for 2 years. Good luck
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Have you tried charting? www.fertilityfriend.com makes it very easy, that's what I've been doing and it makes it easy to see when you ovulate.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 6:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have been having the exact same thing. My last two periods have also been a few days late! I went to my OB and they of course won't do anything until it has been over a year. I am really sorry that you are going through this. It is hard to deal with and also very emotionally draining! All I can tell you is try to relax and don't think about it too much. Thats the hardest thing to do when TTC but it will help. God works in mysterious ways and he will let us have babies when we least expect it! I wish you and your DH/SO the best of luck! Merry Christmas!
    Lots of baby dust!
    Tiffany
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 6:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• a couple who does everything right still only has a 24% chance of getting pregnant each month. so 6 months isn't that long really. i know it can feel like it, but it will happen in time. like the others have said, relax some and things will probably happen easier for you.

i've used the clearblue easy ovulation tests to see when i ovulated and both times i used them, i got pregnant. they cost about $13 a month, but with me, they worked first try, so it was worth it. i wasn't buying them month after month.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 9:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Most likely it's nerves. It's really hard to relax but that's what yo need to do. Six months is not that long. It took me 11 months BOTH TIMES. Most docs will not even consider you for infertility testing until you've been actively trying for over 12 months. Good luck.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2008