How do you do number 2 with children??

Ok so I have a 6 week old and I watch a 16 month old. And I was wondering what do you do when you have to go #2 (potty) when they are both awake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• i have a 3 week old n a 16 month old.... 3 week old sits in a chair in the room wit me..my 16 month old is in there n i play with toys with her
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My fiance showed me how to do it the other day. I am pregnant and was sleeping. He has a four year old autistic son that needs constant supervision. Apparently, my fiance really had to take a poop cuz I woke up, walked out into the hallway and thought my soon to be step son was pooping. I could smell some horrible poop. Well I walked past the bathroom and there is my fiance with the door wide open taking a poop. He looked at me with a look of a kid getting caught stealing candy. All he said was "I needed to keep an eye on Elijah"

LOL, I guess that you keep the door open and bring the baby in with you.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Take them in with you. The 6 week old can sit in a bouncy sit on the floor. The 16 month old can play with a toy on the floor.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• For some reason, my daughter just wants to come in the bathroom with me (or husband). one day she will learn that it smells, and she won't want to be there. I guess it helps that I go at the same time every day, so I'm not suddenly running to the bathroom. But usually, the 2 of us will be eating breakfast, and I tell her I have to go potty, and she just stays at the table and continues eating her food.

I have #2 coming, so sorry if this isn't very helpful.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yep you let them come in there with you! I put them in their infant car seat if they were really little.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Very quickly, mostly while he naps. Or sometimes (gulp) while he is sitting on my lap. I know - gross. But he is always the neediest when I have to poop.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 5:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• High chair, but she is ten months old. Before that, she would get strapped into her bouncy chair or her carseat and set on the floor in the hallway right in the bathroom doorway with the bathroom door open. We have a really small bathroom. My son is super helpful and if he is around, he will help keep an eye on her. He is seven.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I never shut the door since I had my kids. But you said the 16 month old isn't yours. I don't think I would let that child in the bathroom with me. She will tell her mother and it might be seen as weird. Set her up with a movie or a snack and then go.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2008