I have no clue what is goin on wit my puppy?

I have a puppy that i just got around july and she is a taco bell dog mixed with a jack russell terrier and for the last two weeks, her vagina is looking a little swollen due to her lickin at at all the time. She is not bleedin yet but is this a sign that she could be goin into heat soon, or just horney...I have no clue at all

Shaygurl

Asked by Shaygurl at 3:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pets

• Well She's definitely getting ready to go in to heat. So if you don't want to deal with this you really should get her fixed, unless you plan on breeding her.
    tushpush1966

Answer by tushpush1966 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• That would be a sign of her going into heat. She is licking because she is very uncomfortable. Kind of like you when you start your period. You might want to consider getting her fixed.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• get her fixed. our boxer left lots of blood on our back porch. it looked like it rained out there. she was not allowed in doors the whole time. poor thing.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• She is probably going into heat (as mentioned above). Dogs don't start bleeding right away, and sometimes you don't even notice blood at all. I friend of mine has a dog, and when she comes into heat there is no signs of blood (the dog just keeps herself very clean).
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 4:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Why is everybody telling her to get her dog fixed? Maybe she doesn't mind having a dog that comes into heat. Maybe she plans on breeding her. Gosh people, she didn't ask whether or not to have her dog spayed . . . . she asked what was possibly wrong with the dog!  It annoys me when people add their 2 cents.

Anonymous

• ahhh anon zip it. Most are suggesting that because there are literally millions of dogs put to sleep each month. If you do not plan on breeding your dog(s) then they need to be fixed period. It's part of being a responsible pet owner.
    Anonymous

• Maybe she is going to use her dog for breeding, in that case she doesn't want to hear everybody tell her to get her dog fixed.  You can be a responsible pet owner, w/out getting your dogs fixed.  There may be millions of dogs being put to sleep (I doubt that's there are that many in one month), but don't take it out on people who have unaltered dogs. 

Anonymous

• WOW! Anonymous cat fight! HEHEHE
    Anonymous