What would you do in this situation?

I want to take our kids to go see my parents but dh does not want us to fly or drive he's said he'll take us but he has never tried.
Now I am ready to go but now there is no money.
The plane tickets are cheap right now especially if I purchase them NOW way in advance.
What can I do?
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Travel

• I would let your husband know that you really want to go and respect his wishes at the same time. He can schedule the time off or you can go alone, but you are going.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• But the money is not there right now :(
    That's the bad thing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Can your parents come see you?
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 1:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Can your parents help you with the tickets? Can you have a garage sale or something? There are these 2 airlines that offer extremely low airfare called Allegent (may be Allegant ?) and Spirit but they only go certain places, you may wanna check it out.

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• No but my mom offered to pay but I can not tell this to my dh bc he would feel awkward accepting money from my parents it'll make it look like he can't support us at least this is what he would say :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• how can it be awkward if it's a gift? Why doesn't he want you to fly? Driving I understand. Depending on where everyone lives you could always take a train.
    elliesmum06

Answer by elliesmum06 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Families do favors for each other maybe they help you now and later he helps them but if you want to go how about a part time job to show you really want to go and help make it happen if you help it can only ease some of the pressure for him.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• If you don't have money then you can't buy the tickets.
    Anonymous

• My parents buy us plane tickets as Christmas presents every year. It's supposed to be our only gift but there's usually other things under the tree too.
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 5:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You really better talk to him before you do anything. Money or not. You could "pretend" that you bought the tickets and see what his reaction is. That may work. As far as the money and your parents, it would be great if they could give you the money.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2011