Were you able to still devote time to school?

Even though you had a new baby and possibly other children already to take care of, how did you manage to go to school at the same time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i do online classes and its great, I still have alot of deadlines to meet like with papers and assigments but i can log on anytime of the day to do them.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I went back to community college when my daughter was 2. She went to daycare, I used financial aid to pay that, and I also worked part time. My son was born right before I transferred to university, like 4 weeks before my first day! I breastfed too, so I was awake all the time, I did my homework between classes. This is the only semester I worked and went to school since he was born, and again I take out financial aid loans and get grants. You can do what you put your mind to. I'm also married and have my husband help me out, for example watching the kids when I needed to write a paper or study or do homework. I think anyone can do it, you just have to be able to manage your time and have a clear goal in mind.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• cont...

I didn't go back until I was sure accounting was what I wanted to do, and also knowing I have to pay back my loans made me want to get in and out and do well so I can find that awesome job to pay it back! Good luck! First step is to see a counselor at college and to speak with the financial aid office, they will point you in the right direction!
    prettyrayray

• Yes. I had my 4th child in late 2003 and I graduated with my AA in the summer of 2005. I'm in school now and I'm pregnant with my 6th.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i am finishing up my bachelor's and starting my masters. i have three stepsons half time and my daughter, who is 22 months. when i had her it broke my tailbone. i go to school full time (14 credits) and work full time, (40 hours a week). it can be done. you just have to be efficient and organized.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 10:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I do mostly online classes but here next year I am going to take my electives at my local community college and then transfer those into the college that I attend.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2008