Magic Jack?

I saw a commercial for this product (home internet phone for $39.95 a year)... I was wondering if anybody had tried it? Is this a scam? I live in BFE/ middle of nowhere and it is painfully expensive to get a land line installed out here (our house was never wired for one).

evaRoo

Asked by evaRoo at 3:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Shopping

• A friend of mine has it and also lives out in the country - about 15 miles from the nearest town. Her reception is horrible on it, and a lot of words get cut out and garbled. Is there a way to try before you're stuck with it?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yeah, free 30 day trial... I think it is my only choice besides standing in the cornfield across the road in a snowdrift to use the phone though :(
    evaRoo

Answer by evaRoo at 11:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have this!  I'm in Canada it has an Atlanta, GA number because my friends live there. that's where I'm from.  Well my brother in law has one in Japan and my in laws have one in Pakistan.  We talk daily sometimes it will mess up we hang up and call back.  We all have numbers for Atlanta, GA!  it's really a neat device.  only thing you can't make 3 way calling  good luck

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 3:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2008