sleepless nights............what do i do ?

My son just turned one on the 5th of Dec. at this age i would have thought that he would be sleeping through the night and i mean fulling through the night but he's not and i just cant take it anymore i dont know what to do i have tried everything that i can think of. when i try to put him sleep he screams and scream before falling asleep and then in the middle of the night he will wake up screaming what do i do? what am i doing worng? Please help............

Timmys_Mommy07

Asked by Timmys_Mommy07 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is he teething again? Could be why.
    Anonymous

• I doubt you are doing anything wrong. My daughter didn't sleep from bedtime until morning until 10 months old... and then she only did it once. She didn't do it again until 12 months and only did it twice. Finally at 14 months, I tucked her in, kissed her, and left. As usual, she woke up screaming in the night. I left her. It was awful. I sobbed and sobbed long after she had fallen back to sleep. But you know what? She was all smiles the next morning. And after three nights she started sleeping through the night.
    She's 29 months now and finally goes down for naps and bedtime without a screaming fit (that started about 4 months ago). She still wakes up at night from time to time but there is usually a reason - teeth or a cold are the biggest.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Check out Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth.

I like his method because it introduces crying it out gradually and starting with nap time.
    I've followed the book and it's helped us help the twins become great nappers and sleep through the night. Helped us transition from two naps to one as well.
    Feel free to PM me if you want to know more.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2008