Is it werid i feel this way?

I have a friend who for the longest time i thought of as my best friend we talked everyday and hung out 2 to 3 times a week.. well over the last month i havent seen her and when we talk its like hey how are you fine ok talk later bye.. I noticed that shes hanging out with alot of the people i dont like and shes knows i dont like.. I feel like she doesnt want to be my friend anymore but she says its just because shes working alot.. Am i wrong for feeling the way i feel.. Or am i just be selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd just come right out and ask her.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I would trust your instincts on this one..I would definitely make a point of asking her without getting angry. Sounds like she is ready to move on. Sorry, that must be really hard for you. I know because I just went through something similar and lost a friendship. HUGS!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I agree, trust your instincts. It sounds like she doesn't want to hurt your feelings but you could ask her if you've said or done anything to upset her, if she doesn't open up to you then you'll probably just have to let her go.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Heathercurtz trust your instincts. This has happened to me before with a (best friend) now it's like we don't talk unless I contact her. So to make a long story short I hardly contact her she has my number just like i have hers. Look at it like this it's her lost and not yours you try but you can only do so much. I would be good for you to try to make some different friends someone that have the same interest as you. Hope this help good luck!
    MsPhyllis1985

Answer by MsPhyllis1985 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Don't look for her anymore & see if she looks for you, if she doesn't then she probably doesn't want to be your friend anymore (sorry harsh I know) But you can't always sugar coat things. On the bright side there are alot of wonderful women out there & I'm sure you can make new friends. ((HUGS)).
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I also agree to trust your instincts, but I would ask her to see what she says. Let her know how you feel and that you want to hang out more see what she says! Good Luck! Hugs!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 1:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I went through a similar experience 2 years ago. I had become very close with my neighbor and we spent alot of time together and our children were both 2 yrs old, so our boys played together a lot also. I worked full-time and she was a stay at home mom. Another new neighbor moved in who also was a stay at home mom, so immediatly those two hit it off. They spent all day together and then on our typical play date nights, she was busy. At first I was a little jealous, tho I knew I shouldn't be. I really didn't like the newest neighbor, so I distanced myself. Long story short, a lot of things happened and I was glad that I had pulled myself and my son away from it too. Now, 2 years later, she learned her lession, no longer is friends with the troublesome girl and feels awful about the way she treated me.

Follow your instincts and do what's best for you! True friends won't leave your side for long if at all!
    MommaMarsch

Answer by MommaMarsch at 2:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• yeah just come out and say what you feel abou the friends she has and your only looking out ,,, and no your not being selfish
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 5:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I think you should back off on contacting her. Right now she's got a "new" toy and is all focused on the new friends. Give her some space, if she contacts you then you can pick up where you left off. If she doesn't contact you, then you know she's not your friend.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2011